Multi-site telco contact centre estate economics transformed into a driver for growth as a result of a >25% productivity improvement delivered by the implementation of best practice operational management model
1. Client Benefits
- A cost saving of 27%, while at the same time service levels were delivered, improved quality scores was achieved, together with improved first call resolution.
- A scalable and effective operating model to support the drive for customer acquisition and retention
- An employee experience that increased retention
2. Introduction to Project
- Two Atlantic Insight partners were responsible for both project management and providing planning & modelling support to a multi-site contact centre improvement project, for a major UK telecommunications business.
- The contact centre estate comprised of 2000FTE across four UK sites.
- An initial Operational Effectiveness Assessment evidenced poor performance reporting, ineffective planning, and minimal active management by the supervisors.
- Examples identified of where actual resource did not match what was required - resulting in service level failure, high levels of advisor ineffectiveness and poor customer experience.
- The objective was to achieve a 20% improvement in operational performance through a significant increase in productivity while delivering targeted service levels.
- An Operational Management Framework was designed with the client, including improvements to forecasting, planning, active management and performance reporting.
- Key performance measures were aligned to strategic and operational objectives, and a new reporting tool was launched based on advisor hierarchy.
- Best practice forecasting and planning tools were designed and implemented to ensure that actual staffing levels closely matched with requirements.
- A new supervisor coaching methodology was designed and implemented across all four sites.
Please contact us if you would like to partner with us to identify and deliver improvements to your operation.
Call +44 (0) 161 438 2009
Office: 130 Old Street, London EC1V 9BD